Saturday, May 21, 2011

Kids

We have been watching these little kids slidding down the snow in our back yard. They are very cute, one is about 4, her parka is bigger than she is.
Well yesterday there was one howling so Reza went out and asked if she was ok. She said she lost one of her boots. She was walking through snow and icy water. I jumped i my boots and went to save her. I said to her to jump on my back, but she was so heavy I couldn't get off the ground. Good lord she weighed a ton. so I picked her up and carried her to a dry spot while she told me where her boot was last seen. I found it in two feet of snow. I slipped it on her foot, she jump down and took off. oh I  thought ohhh your welcome!!

The weather is getting warm, as long as the sun shines. It is about -2 or +2. I have been taking my lettuce outside during the day. It has been very humid and soil is too wet. I have not watered for a week, so I hope they don't rot.

People are heading camping on the weekend, the geese have arrived and they are hunting them. They will also collect there eggs soon. This weekend I think we re the only ones left in town. This is the last long weekend before the ice starts to break up for the campers to go out to there cabins. They also ice fish, caribou hunt and hunt geese.

School is almost finished, they finish here end of May and start back end of August. That way families can go out on the land and hunt for food for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment