Sunday, May 29, 2011

Handfull of gold....

Look what I found on our hike today...Gold...aka bunny poop
My garden is going to have a treat.

My pocket was full of these poops.
My beans with the bunny golden nugets. Look how big they are... Those bunnys must be huge, and I really have no desire to met one.
This is the Coppermine river starting to melt. First the snow melts on top and then the ice under. I can't wait to see it starting to move-flow again.
One of my work mates going out camping.
My house is in the last group of tall houses.
When we were walking a lady from work had got a Caribou, dinner last night.
Traditional fur clothing, that is survival here, you must wear fur, even today to go out in the winter.
This is an older map of the town. right beside the p in map is were I live. There is now another street behind us. I live on Hilltop.
Midnight sunset. That was a few weeks ago and now the sun is up all night.
Campers traveling on the frozen Artic Ocean. The Frozen waterways are the northern Highways. When they melt you can't go anywhere unless you have a boat.
Another pic of the kitchen, I do like my place..

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your garden is really growing. Interesting fertilizer.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos, Shannon, it makes it all come to life! I didn't know you had giant killer bunnies up there! Hope they make for giant beans, too! Lots of love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean really. Who sees poop and thinks - I need that, think I'll just fill up my pockets. What kinda pockets do you need in Polar Bear country?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gardener is a poop collector, we have no worms here so no compost. What else can we use for fertilizer==poop.I am not touching any polar poop, they eat fish and meat, that equals stink..that eww
    Cor I could make some really cool jewlery for you for xmas..organic too. We need a ski doo for winter..It snowed here today like a blizard.
    Thanks Laura and Ann, sure hope I get something. I started to grow some sprouts and they are doing really good.

    shannon

    ReplyDelete