Sunday, July 17, 2011

Beautiful Kugaaruk

One morning this just apeared out of nowhere.. looked like a part of the clouds.

 Yesterday they were putting there boats in and today they have a few ice blocks to get around
Stone church built in the 1940's how they got cement up here they who knows??

Gorgeous smelly flowers




Inukshuk watching over the graves.

Here  a few more days then head home to Kugluktuk. It has been a long two weeks away from Hubby. But I have been busy year end always busy.This is also where they hunt the Nar Whales, the ones with the long tusks. The hunt starts in August, wish I could see them swimming. Still light all night, and the kids play outside all night. Different life up here, but I still smile everytime I htink I am on top of the world, what an experience... You gotta do it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. The ice berg is just beautiful.

    Great photos Shannon.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, It was a really beautiful place! We bought fishing rods so I hope to catch a fish soon. Today was sunny windy rain a little bit of everything. I walked home at lunch and was dripping with sweat. I changed clothes but by the time lunch was over I had to put on my pants agian cause it was cooling off. Hopefully it will be cooler to sleep, it has been too hot to sleep. I just got my fridge criper thing from Mom today so I will give it a try, I have seen some tests on them and they work. I hope up here they do cause i need my veggies to last as long as possible. Love your blog, but it makes me drowl...
    shannon

    ReplyDelete